Did you recently set a goal to start following a Paleo diet… or maybe a Vegan or Vegetarian diet?? Looking for healthy, easy recipes to add to your meal plan?? Check out this clean, green taco soup we recently cooked up at the Fereday house!
For this recipe, I got a bit creative and combined a favorite paleo recipe with an equally favorite vegan recipe. If you are trying to strictly following paleo, cut out the beans and corn. If you’re strictly following a plant-based, vegan diet, cut out the meat; there’s plenty of fun veggies anyway.
- 1 lb Chicken or Lean Ground Turkey
- 3 Fresh Carrots sliced
- 2 Red Bell Peppers diced
- 1 small Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 2 cans Diced Tomatoes organic, fire roasted
- 4 cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth organic
- Taco Seasoning: 1 Tbs chili powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 can Black Beans or Chili Beans organic, drained
- 1 can Whole Kernel Corn organic
- 2 Jalepenos diced
- 1 Avacado for topping
- Fresh Cilantro for topping
- 1 Lime for toppic
- Saute meat, onion, and garlic until meat browns.
- Combine all ingredients in slow-cooker/crock-pot .
- Cook on low-medium for 4-5 hours.
- Add desired toppings and serve!
Links in recipe are Amazon affiliate links. See my affiliate disclosure here