Guess what’s on the menu at my casa tonight? Boy, oh boy, are we excited! This recipe comes highly recommended by my friends Sunny & Rachna at Fit. Cookin. And you guys, guess what? Not only does it LOOK delightful, but this recipe is also dairy free and gluten free. I know, I know. It’s a health food lovers dream… Take one more look.
Oooookaaay… time to stop drooling… or dreaming…. or whatever you were doing. Before I reveal the recipe, let me share a bit about my Fit. Cookin friends.
Protein packed, with flavors that would just want you to eat more and more. A great dish to pick at as a snack or have for a main meal especially post workout.
- 400g chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure peanut butter , smooth or crunchy, no salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon white wine or rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced (approx 2cm cubes)
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 200g Sugar Snap Peas
- Sea Salt to season (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade and mix well.
- Mix in the chicken, cover and leave to marinade ideally for 1 hour.
- On a medium heat, add the coconut oil to the pan , cook the chicken for 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked, turning frequently.
- In the mean time pre-boil water and boil the greens for 5-6 minutes, and drain well.
- Serve the chicken hot with sugar snap peas to the side.
Links in recipe are Amazon affiliate links. See my affiliate disclosure here