While this recipe is certainly SIMILAR to my recently posted Paleo Chicken Fajita Salad, it has several different ingredients that make it unique. We loved both meals at the Fereday casa so I felt like I should probably share both of them with all of you, too!
Looks delicious doesn’t it? Well, it was. And because it’s paleo, it’s a meal that will not only fill you up, but it will keep you feeling good and energized. The paleo diet is wonderful that way- I have more energy, feel better, and am happier when I’m eating this way. To learn more about the paleo diet, check out this article!
So without further adieu, let’s have a look at this delicious dinner recipe! Check it out and let me know what you think 🙂
- 1.5 lbs chicken (cubed)
- 2 bell peppers, sliced (I used red and orange)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1.5 tbsp oregano
- 1.5 tbsp chili powder
- 1.5 tbsp cumin
- 1.5 tbsp coriander
- 5 cloves of garlic, diced
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- Romaine lettuce
- 2 avocados
- Optional Topping: Salsa (check out what I used here! )
- Add oil to large skillet and warm.
- Add bell peppers, onions, and garlic. Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and all spices. Cook for a final 5 minutes.
- Serve in romaine lettuce boats. Top with avocados and salsa (if desired).