Cinco de Mayo calls for all our favorite Mexican dishes- chips & dip, tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and margaritas! All these yummy meals can really throw your healthy eating habits off track. This year, I decided to pull together a healthy alternative. It still meets those Mexican food cravings but is a whole lot nicer to your body. Have a look!
This Paleo Chicken Fajita Salad was absolutely delicious! So despite missing out on some of our unhealthy favorites… we celebrated Cinco de Mayo in style at the Fereday Household! So whenever you are craving good homemade Mexican food, you’ll have to try this recipe out!
- 3 bell peppers- 1 green, 1 orange, 1 red- sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 lb organic chicken strips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 lime juice
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado to garnish
- 1 cup salsa- check out my two favorites 1) Hatch Valley Salsa and 2) Tomatillo & Roasted Yellow Chili Salsa
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a large skillet .
- Add and cook peppers and onions for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken strips and cook for another 5 minutes (may need to add a bit more oil).
- Stir in all spices and lime juice.
- Cook, on low heat and stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes to ensure chicken is fully cooked. Meanwhile, chop romain lettuce and add to bowls to serve.
- Top lettuce with fajita mix.
- Garnish with avocado slices.
- Top with salsa (see my favorites above).
Links in recipe are amazon affiliate links. See my affiliate disclosure here .