So…I’m just coming off of a long standoff with chicken. I’m not sure what happened, but several months back, I’d just had enough. Every chicken recipe I tried just didn’t quite fit the bill. The chicken was too rubbery, or too tough, or just not good in general. So I boycotted for awhile.
Theron loves chicken and rice, so I decided to take one for the team. Of course, I had to add a creative twist, cause let’s be real, how much more boring does it get?
So I added in some lemon. A pinch of spices… and waaaalah! Lemon Herb Chicken Delight!
The best part? This recipe is SO simple and takes only 30 minutes to prepare, which is GREAT for this on-the-go mamma. Try it out for dinner tonight!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth (I used low sodium)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet . Season chicken with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Brown chicken for 1-2 minutes each side. Chicken should not be cooked through at this point. Transfer to plate.
- Add rice, chicken broth lemon juice (and slides if desired) and remaining Italian seasoning to skillet. Place chicken on top. Simmer for 20-25 minutes over medium heat (or until liquid is dissolved).
- Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro and lemon wedges. Enjoy!