So, I’m not a big milk drinker. Not sure if I’m lactose, or what, but regular milk tends not to place nice with my tummy.
But, I LOVE cereal, and milk with my dinner, and milk just all by itself. For me, cutting milk out of my life isn’t an option. So what did I do? Found alternatives.
I’ve been buying and using almond milk for the past several years, but only just recently ventured out to try to make some homemade.
I have to tell ya… homemade is the way to go! Store-bought does the job… but homemade just plain does it better. And, best part? Too stinkin’ easy!
Check out this recipe for Vanilla Cinnamon Almond milk. So healthy and so so good.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 3 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 dates, pitted
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Soak almonds overnight
- Add soaked almonds to blender
- Add filtered water
- Add Vanilla extract
- Add dates
- Pour into nut milk bag (I actually used a cold brew coffee filter, but this nut bag from amazon would be much easier!); make sure bag is in large bowl for draining
- Mix in sea salt and cinnamon
- Poor into bottle or jar
- Serve chilled!
Links in recipe are Amazon affiliate links. See my affiliate disclosure here
So tasty! Enjoy 🙂